Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Upcoming topics

Trying to keep up a blog among many other projects isn't easy. Perhaps that why I stopped my old blog 3 years ago. I had just forgotten about the difficulties of keeping something like this up. I'm beginning to think that those prolific bloggers out there are able to spend far more time writing than I can.

Anyway, I've had quite a number of positive comments through the grapevine. A lot of those comments have come from people I have a great deal of respect for, and it's been very re-affirming personally. If nothing else, I'd like to thank you for even bothering to read any of this. It's certainly helped motivate me to keep writing. So, to motivate you to actually keep reading, here is a short list of upcoming topics...

Forgiveness - a brief expose of how society makes it easier for us to accept a doctrine of forgiveness rather than hell, even though forgiveness is a far more radical concept than hell.

Knowing Truth - I take my lead on this topic from several people, including the well known German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, and the French deconstructionist/postmodern philosophers Michel Foucault and Jacques Derrida. These important philosophers have articulated what many people today take as conventional wisdom, but have they serious implications, particularly for Christians. I promise to make it less boring than it sounds.

Christianity vs Secularism - sort of a spin-off of the above topics. I want to reveal how secularism (as a philosophy) has taken upon itself to be the arbiter of truth, attempting to relegate Christianity to the fringes of irrationality, and how secularism takes on the very characteristics it criticizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment